Blue Moon Beer Cupcakes with Orange Frosting
Here’s a recipe I created a while back using Blue Moon beer! 🙂
- 1 stick plus 2 tablespoons of Butter
- 3/4 cup Splenda for Baking Blend
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 1/4 cups of Blue Moon beer
Soften butter in mixer on high speed. Cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy. In a separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the beer and vanilla. Combine dry ingredients and beer mixture in 3 parts. Set mixture aside. In a clean bowl (whisk at high speed) whisk egg whites until soft peaks form. Fold eggs into batter until well incorporated. Fill baking cups 3/4 and bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 mins.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 package powdered sugar (sifted)
- the zest of one orange
- the juice of one orange
Combine all ingredients until smooth and frost cooled cupcakes.