C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS!
The Caps ended Friday night with victorious 3-1 win over the Minnesota Wild and luckily a couple girl friends and I were able to witness it live! 🙂 There’s just something about catching a game live; the stadium, the crowd (including the crazies), a good beer and of course your home team fighting for a win. Hockey in particular is a great sport because though it may be a bunch of guys on skates it’s a fast paced, full contact sport – love the checking and honestly what hockey fan isn’t hoping (at least a little bit) to see a fight?
(view from our seats)
ROCK THE RED – UNLEASH THE FURY!
Note worthy happenings of the night:
- Kristin’s first live hockey game – YAY!
- The cutest little goalie for the kids face-off – he couldn’t get up and had to be carried off of the ice when the scrimmage was over, poor kid had too much padding and couldn’t skate.
- Question of the night – What’s a Wild? Seriously though, what is it???
- Two men sitting behind us giving a play by play. Missed their chance with Versus or Comcast I suppose? 😉
- CRAZY guys yelling/cheering louder than anyone (I’m talking veins popping out of their necks and all) – they meant business!
- The goals: M. Green (PPG, 05:39 – 2nd) , B. Pothier (02:00 – 3rd) , B. Laich (EN, 19:23 – 3rd) The saves: S. Varlamov FOR THE WIN! GO CAPS!
- ….aaaand meeting a cute guy at the metro station 🙂
The night was a ton of fun and I’m so excited for the next game we have tickets for!