I found this recipe on Taste of Home it’s SO simple and oh-so delicious! I absolutely love coconut and had I known before that these were that easy to make I’d have done it a lot sooner.
- 2-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, combine the coconut, flour and salt. Add milk and vanilla; mix well (batter will be stiff).
- Drop by tablespoonfuls 1 in. apart onto a greased baking sheet. (I used a melon-baller to get consistent cookies and a nice shape)
- Bake at 350° for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- The website says the recipe yields 1-1/2 dozen, but I got 1- 3/4 out of it – can’t complain about 3 extra cookies. 🙂
You could stop here and enjoy them, or you could go one step further like I did and dip some of them in dark chocolate. I used Hershey’s special dark chips; melted them in the microwave and then dipped the tops of some of the cookies.
Seriously, these cookies are amazing! mmm