Oh my – SNOW!
It’s officially been snowing for over 24 hours straight! It’s beautiful, but it’s A LOT of snow! Luckily I was prepared and since I’m stuck inside I’m getting to do things I’ve been wanting to.
Things I want to do on my snow weekend:
- Give myself a mani/pedi – done and they’re pretty!
- Bake – I’ve got ideas for cupcakes and more banana ones promised to coworkers 🙂
- Laundry – eh not my favorite, but I MIGHT do some 😉
- Read – I’ve got a few books started, hoping to really make a dent in them
- Run – thankfully we have a treadmill b/c I can’t get anywhere.
Breakfast of Snowday Champions – Cinnamon Crunch Ebelskivers!
Æbleskiver (Danish meaning apple slices (singular: æbleskive)) are traditional Danish pancakes in a distinctive shape of a sphere. Somewhat similar in texture to American pancakes crossed with a popover, Æbleskiver are solid like a pancake but light and fluffy like a popover.
A little batter, then some brown sugar and more batter to top. Once you see a little bubbling (like regular pancakes) you take small skewers and flip the round cakes. For the filling I used brown sugar. The brown sugar, as it’s supposed to do, escaped to the outside creating a darker than usual ebelskiver with a sticky and sweet crunch.