I’m lucky girl for many reasons, one of them being I have a mom who is interested in a lot of the same beauty stuff that I’m into. She found out that Glossybox was coming to the USA before I did and thank goodness she shared the news so I could put my name on their waiting list. Glossybox introduced their USA boxes to a selection of lucky bloggers (not me) in April. I did make it on the list to get the first public box – the May Glossybox.
Glossybox is a bit pricier, but that didn’t deter me because from what I could see from other countries who already had Glossyboxes the items are fancier and of at least a travel size if not full sized compared to the sample sizes of Birchbox – You Get What You Pay For.
Also similar to Birchbox points, you earn GlossyDots by filling out surveys on the items that you receive each month; eventually earning enough to apply toward a subscription month. In contrast to Birchbox, your points are not redeemable on full sized item purchases. If you’d like to buy a full sized beauty item from your box the links take you to the brand’s website.
Now that I’ve covered the nitty gritty of it all here’s my May Glossy Box:
- ZOYA – love the fun bold color with a silver glittery shimmer.
- BURBERRY – I’ll be the first to admit I am NOT a lipstick fan. But, I do, surprising like this one – probably because it’s sheer and not drying.
- AMOREPACIFIC – I haven’t tried it yet, but it sounds so refreshing
- GLOSSYBOX blush brush – Thank goodness for this extra, I was in serious need of a new blush brush!
- PHYTO – Another product I haven’t tried yet, but since my hair tends to run on the dry side (naturally curly and often heat styled) I’m really looking forward this the mask.
- MARVIS – So far all I can say about this Italian toothpaste is that it is creamy and minty. It seems to do the job, but I don’t know how whitening it is a.) because I always use a whitening toothpaste and b.) because I’ve only used it a couple of times.
So far, all be it my first box, I’m happy with my Glossybox subscription & looking forward to the next.
Interested in snagging your own Glossybox? Sign up HERE